I was a bit behind so I started the weekend by catching up on these pieced triangles.
Next was adding the coral triangles.
I didn't photograph the photograph the "married" brown and coral geese.
But I did feel the need to finish a couple blocks, just to see how they would look. Fabulous! Love these colors together!
I didn't want to make all the blocks until I had determined what size finished quilt I wanted. As you will recall I had been making half of Bonnie's allotment for each clue which would have ended in a square quilt. I've now opted to go with a rectangular quilt and have begun making the bits for 7 more blocks. The last bits tend to be a little low on fabric variety so I like to be able to mix the new bits in with the other bits before I make blocks.
I've made the additional 9-patches and this morning I finished the pieced triangles. I almost forgot to make even a few more pieced triangles for the setting triangles.
While cutting the turquoise fabrics for the pieced triangles I also started cutting squares for the setting triangles. It's really a very ingenious way to make setting triangles and I'm really looking forward to getting to the point where it's time to sew them! On the other hand, I'm being very conscious of how I cut into my remaining turquoise fabrics. I've been collecting them for a year because I'm also making another quilt with them and I'm trying to make the best use of each FQ.
Be sure to check out the linky on Bonnie's Blog. Lots of pretty quilts to gush over...
It was a little chilly here in Western NY over the weekend. I think the lowest I saw was -6F/-21C.
|Everything is better with cheese on top.|
The weather prompted trying a new recipe for Chicken and Biscuits in the crockpot. The recipe was a winner other than I'll be eating it allllll weeeeeeeeek loooooooong. I'm picking up some more freezer containers today...