Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Design Wall Monday - 12/13/2010

I'm afraid I again have no quilty pictures. I did work on more fireman blocks Saturday and almost have twice as many completed. Friday when I was out Christmas Shopping I also stopped at another quilt store in the city that I don't get to very often for more RWB fabric. I hope to work on them this week and get more posted.

I have not worked a stitch on Bonnie's mystery quilt since I completed Step II. I may not be able to get to it until after Xmas or the New Year. I'm not sure at this point but I do need to finish Xmas presents and since I am Town tax collector, it's about time to start working on that...

Yesterday Mom came over for our third annual Cookie Day. We each make a double batch of cookies and then split them. I also make some other kinds since I give them as gifts. Mom's side of the family is working on a family cookbook and Mom is submitting Candy Lassies, a molasses cookie with crushed candy canes and candy cane glaze/frosting. Here's a close up of the yummieness...


This is most of what we made without some of the frosted sugar cookies. We split the candy lassies and sugar cookies. I also made ginger krinkles, chai tea cookies, chocolate gingerbread and coconut washboards. I hope to make a couple more new recipes for myself but we will see if "we" have time. Won't be making the chocoGingerbread from this recipe again tho.

3 comments:

Chris said...

All those wonderful cookies are making me hungry!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow, that sure is alot of baking! Even if you don't get a chance to try the new recipes, I would say you have plenty of cookies for this year. Looks yummy! Cheers! Evelyn

Charlene S said...

I could almost go for those cookies. So many different kinds!