Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, December 21, 2015

Design Floor Monday - 12/21/15

Yes, I know it's only 3 days, 10 hours, 46 minutes and 4 seconds to Christmas.

I had minimal help from the quality control officers.
That meant I was on the right track...

I am sewwwwww behind this Christmas and it's really dragging me down, in addition to the non-holiday weather. I did make a lot of progress on a number of gifts and cookies over the weekend so that's good but the "big" gift isn't done yet and I'm ready to yank my hair out. I know my friends won't mind a late gift but a seven year old will...

I need to add one more row...top or bottom?

I started by making the 128 blocks suggested by the original pattern and then layed them out, aiming for an off center pattern. Unlike the original square layout I wanted something for Ryan's twin bed. I assumed (yeah, I know...) when I rearranged from square to rectangle it would just magically be the right size. Not quite. Has anyone payed attention to the weird proportions for a twin bed? Right, it's crazy.

I believe it's passed inspection!!

So I made some more blocks and layed them out and then made some more and layed those out too and then made some more. I think it's taken more time to make more blocks than it did to make the original blocks. I need 3 more 4patches and then it will be done. I've got the back and batting ready and already have a plan for the quilting. I've got no plans this week other than working and only a  half day on Thursday so I think there's time.

Next time I get a whim to make quilts for my two most favorite nephews, they will be lap quilts. Little lap quilts for little laps! I better hurry cuz these boys are growing like weeds...


6 comments:

Julierose said...

I know--twin beds are weirdly sized--this really is a neat quilt--looks like Kitty approves! I love the way they just plop themselves down and say "Is this one for me, too??" I mean, make yourself at home, now, don't be shy...hahaha..after these four quilts for my college bound Grands, it'll be lap ones for me too!! hugs, good luck finishing...Julierose

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Interesting design! Kitty tested is good.

Carla said...

But who's counting! Great layout for those blocks. I hope kitty doesn't mix it up. Merry Christmas

margaret said...

this is looking great and have no doubt you will have it completed in time, at least a twin bed is smaller than a double so will save a bit of time!Enjoy and have a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2016

AnnieO said...

Love your layout! I prefer rectangular quilts but yes it makes the rows go on forever it seems. Lucky nephews.

Missy Shay said...

I am loving this quilt! My nine year old niece asked me for a quilt for Christmas, a month ago. LOL I'll make her a string lap quilt next year.