Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Hump Day/Slump Day

I was texting with Denise this morning about being in a post-holiday-rush slump. I've been lucky enough to not have any meetings after work, allowing me to head home, change into my sweats, reheat homemade pad thai for dinner and then hex while watching NCIS and a bunch of movies. I've made a little progress on a bunch of projects but totally neglected to take any photos to share.  I offered bonus cat photos but Denise had an awesome idea to share a "day in the life" photo. Fun!!

Yes - he completely ignored the cat bed to sit on an accordion folder.
At least he didn't sit on the boxes of bills I was working on like last year...

I'll start with what I spent my weekend on - Taxes!!! Yip, I spent the weekend pulling escrows and sealing and stamping bills. I did have some supervision but he was soon on to bigger and better things...


...known locally as a box!! LOL


And here's my messy work desk! I've heard that a messy desk is the sign of a brilliant mind so I must be out of this world brilliant. We had back to back meetings yesterday, including a conference call, so everything got moved to the side to share the desk/computer.

Denise said she noticed several glimpses of my personality on the desk:

  • the hexies I brought to work on during lunch
  • my purple (fav color!!) water bottle and coat. 


Other "me" things found on the desk that aren't quite visible would be:

  •  the 4H mug that holds paperclips - I was in 4H for 10 years
  • the Cape Florida Lighthouse mug that holds pens - I gave tours for 10 years
  • the SanFran cable car holder for my sticky notepads - I was in SanFran many moons ago for another job and this came with chocolates in it
  • the batik itty bitty twister mug rug under my water bottle 
  • the ceramic cat tape dispenser from an old co-worker
  • on the front counter is a Christmas cactus (which thinks it's a halloween/january/easter cactus) in one of my antique crocks.
I guess I've always thought that I didn't bring much of me to my office - no photos on the bulletin board and such but I've surprised myself to see a lot of me at my messy desk :) Who Knew?! Thanks Denise!


4 comments:

Denise :) said...

What a wonderful post!!! That Z -- what would you do without his supervision, eh??! And he's such a great box tester. He should get paid. I love your office -- it *is* very you!!!! Happy to give the 'assist' on this one, my dear! :)

Janet O. said...

A fun peek into your life, Sarah. I can see "you" at your desk. : )
I was in 4-H for about 6 or 7 years and was a leader for 10 years. Great program!

Jo said...

Ohhh I could have sent you a mug too....

Missy Shay said...

My desk is always messy at school. Sometimes I forget to take pictures of my projects also, you just get in the zone.