Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, March 26, 2018

And then there were 8!

Saturday morning I had planned to get some serious stitching done while watching a DVD before going to work at the LQS. That was the plan until the electric went out. I quickly pulled up the NYSEG outage webpage to find it was the whole corner of the county so I knew not to hold my breath.

In the "winter" the sun rises in the double living room windows.
In the "summer" the sun rises from the dining room windows.

Luckily it was a sunny morning....


and I could stitch in the sunbeams but I really didn't get much done.


The electric came on just as I was leaving for the LQS. Figures!

Saturday evening was also a bust, stitching wise, as we had three rescue calls in less than 4 hours.

Since I hadn't gotten my Saturday stitch fest in, Sunday became the day to spend on the couch watching Criminal Minds #6 and stitching. It was a fantastic sunny, junk food filled day watching DVD after DVD. After CM6 I moved onto Longmire #1 - another fantastic show.


Soon enough, I had 8 sections to my tree skirt!! I can't believe I've only been stitching the diamonds together since the beginning of February after sitting around for 3 years.


I kept stitching until it was late and then 8 became 6. I should have 2 more sections sewn together by the end of today. It's even possible that I'll have them all together before the end of the week! Then I need to pick backing and binding. I'm trying to decide between the reds or greens...


5 comments:

Julierose said...

Simply lovely hexie skirt--what a beautiful job you are doing on this hugs, Julierose

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sunlight stitching works for me at times. Sorry you were on an unscheduled plan burp weekend, but you still got a lot done.

Janet O. said...

Happy Dance!! That is what Z is doing in the last photo, right? :)
This looks like fireworks!

Vireya said...

Oh, wow, Sarah! It looks fantastic.

MissPat said...

This is beautiful. How will you finish the center? It seems a shame to cut a circle out of ghe center. Maybe you should keep it as a table topper.
Pat