Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, January 09, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 1/9/12

Project #1 over the weekend was to make this little mug rug from a new pattern I picked up. A quick wash and the frayed edges of the hearts are even cuter. This could be one of my donations to the Library for their annual chinese auction.

If I make another mug rug I might make it so the heart points are in the center of the mug rug - in other words fold the charm square on the diagonal to cut the heart instead of just in half like normal. My next project in this style will be to cut hexies instead of hearts. I am sure almost any shape would work with a little effort.




Project #2 was to finally start working on the sleeve for my Kindle. I have all the purples I cut out stitched together but I think it will need to be just a tad longer. Now I need to do the greens for the back side.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Cute little mug rug. I think your idea of pointing the hearts to the center would look good. Of course, try it with a hexie shape. Why not? Everything is better with hexies, right? I'm loving them in purple and green for your Kindle! I have been known to do too many quilts in that color combo. : )

Denise :) said...

Oh your mug rug is darling! I love the ric-rac trim you used, too. And you are the best hexie worker I've ever known. Seriously. :)

Me and My Stitches said...

Love both of your projects. Would you believe I have never made a mug rug? Love your Kindle cover too!

Lauren Sgranfetto said...

I LOVE my Kindle- had it since the first day they came out! I hope you will love your as much. And your cover will be a lot prettier than mine! (Mines just plain store bought one)