Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, January 20, 2012

UFO Friday

After being up since 1:51am and not getting home until 9am for a rescue call (FYI-Water Rescue equipment is owned by my/Castile FD and Silver Springs FD also works with us, it's not a County-wide team), I decided to take advantage of all that accumulated sick time and called in sick so I could get some sleep. I figured I would never get to sleep after the adrenaline but I briefly woke to the noon whistle and finally got up at 1pm for another rescue call. Getting home just before 3pm I figured it was finally shower time instead of another nap or I would never sleep through the night. After that I thought I would have hours to sew!!! Except... I dragged my feet and barely got much done. Phooey. I am pretty sure it's because I woke up sick again today :(

I worked on my red strings another 20 minutes and they almost all have the strings on them. I just need to cut 2 more strips and I should be done with the sewing. Just need to trim them and remove the papers.


Then I worked on my January UFO (finally, I know, we are getting to the title of this post). I had to trim each side to straighten it before I added the first border, cut out the borders and sew them on. Good grief - it felt like it took 2 hours to get that much done. I am maintaining the angled corners which takes a little more effort but I think I am going to enjoy the look. Only 2 more borders to go! I am hoping to get 1 if not both borders done this weekend.

4 comments:

Denise :) said...

I love the angled borders on this...it looks terrific! I'm sorry you woke up not feeling good. That's not a happy. Hope the rescue business is slow this weekend, you get to feeling better, and lots of stitching gets done over the next two days! :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Sounds like you have been really busy! Hope you start feeling better. I love angled corners also and what a beautiful and bright quilt! Love the prints!

Michelle said...

I hope you feel better soon.
The quilt looks great.
And I hope you feel up to finishing the borders.

Janet O. said...

What a time you have had! In college I had a roommate that was an EMT and I remember those calls at all hours.
You are so near a finish on this quilt--it is gorgeous!
And sounds like those red strings are almost conquered, too. WooHoo!!