Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I wasn't sure you were willing to look at this again:

so I thought I would share some new acquisitions. One of my not-so-LQSs has a sale on the last Monday of each month - pick one item for 30% off. I don't normally head to Arcade on a Monday night given it's 30 minutes away and the weather can be nasty between here and there. *However* I did have to be at EMT class in Bliss last night and that meant I had to drive half way there anyways...

I left work as quick as possible (and I was still 15 minutes late), made quick stops for gas and audiobooks at the library and then drove to Arcade. Oh it was snowin and blowin but I persevered because I really wanted batting at 30% off!! I think I left the store in record time, ran to Mickey D's for dinner and headed back for class. I arrived with 5 minutes to spare but the weather had cleared - really weird. Even weirded is that it's currently 51F and the foot of snow from Sunday/Monday is melting. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain. No wonder I'm still sick. Oh but I digress...I'm now recertified in CPR in case you need me and you know I left that quilt store with more than just batting! Right?!

Who could pass up these cute kitty fabrics? I mean cats with hats? Or fuzzy kittens? Neither is something that I would cute to piece a block but I thought they might be cute backings for the year of doll quilts I hope to make.

The giraffes are sew not my normal fabric style but they are giraffes and I absolutely adore them. I still don't understand why my favorite bro wouldn't bring me a giraffe back from Florida's Animal Kingdom last year. He sent pictures and everything just to tease me. I mean - Hello - I managed to get one back from Africa!

9 comments:

Lauren Sgranfetto said...

Now you KNOW I love the kitties! Totally adorable! The giraffes are sweet too- love the facial expressions.
Keep saf in all that weather yourin!

Denise :) said...

Oh no, Sarah -- I could look at that all day long. It's quite spectacular!! The kitties were a good choice...especially the ones with hats!! :)

Janet O. said...

I will never tire of that hexagon project. You can always show that to me!
Oh, kitty fabric. Both are so cute! My Mom is such a kitty lover. Someone recently gave her yards of kitty fabric. She wants me to help her make a quilt out of it--she taught me to quilt!
My grandkids love giraffes--they each have at least one stuffed toy giraffe. That is such fun fabric!

Michelle said...

Oh my the hexies are looking great.
And the giraffe fabric is so cute!!
The kitties are cute too.

Anonymous said...

I can empathize with you - there is not an LQS closer than 30 minutes to my house. You did well when you got there, though. Love the cat fabric.
Lillian @ lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Me and My Stitches said...

I love, love, love your hexies! And what cute fabric - of course you know I like the kitties, but the giraffes are super cute too.

Christina S. said...

Love the giraffes! I finally made it to the store for the make your own sale day on Monday too! My addiction is just yarn instead of fabric. I nice skein of 100% wool came home with me Monday.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congrats on getting re-certified and what cute fabric you picked out! Love the kitties and giraffes....which reminds me that I have kitty fabrics I need to use!

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

Giraffe's are a favorite of mine, too.

I love visiting your blog!!