Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 10/28/13

It was a mixed bag this weekend with last minute prepping for the Christmas bazaar next weekend, hexies and a little too much retail therapy to soothe a broken heart.

I don't think I showed all 6 of these pieced Boomer blocks once they were finished. I haven't whipstitched them yet since I don't know what they are going to be...I could make them into a rosette or a border, add them to one of the jean jackets I picked up this weekend or ??? I think the left-most rosette is my fav.


I've also worked on making more of these green hexies. The pile probably doesn't look like much but it's 1/3 to 1/2 bigger than the last time I shared. It's kinda boring but basting is easy while watching West Wing on DVD :^)

As part of my retail therapy, I also found this great batik to use with my Salt&Pepper project. All of the diamonds will be in this dark/burnt orange category and the batik will be the border or backing. I've already cut out more BW fabrics for the stars and gone thru all my oranges for the diamonds. I also found a great BW hounds tooth for the binding. Now for my usual delima - needing to decide what this will become so I know how big to make it. I suppose since it's named after my cat, Pepper, it should be big enough for cuddling under!




10 comments:

Janet O. said...

I like the one on the left, too.
I am always stunned by the amount of fabric you attach to paper!! : )

Missy Shay said...

How fun! I love all the colors, I'm sorry about your broken heart. :(

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh what hexie fun!!

margaret said...

what colourful blocks, sure to brighten up a winters day, can just picture them on a jeans pocket. More hexies done,. I now have a sizzix to cut mine out but not tried it yet. Love the batik fabric, need some for my stash

Carrie P. said...

lots of fun hexies!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Look at all your little hexies all ready to play! Love the Blah Blah star. I think that's what it says....giggle.

Rosa said...

Wonderful hexies.Hope you are better!

Rosa said...

Wonderful hexies.Hope you are better!

Turid said...

The left rosette is my favorite too. Great!

wella said...

love the colors