Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Draw String Bags and Twisting to the 60s with Batiks Hop

Since I've pretty much finished my project for the Batik hop (and none to early since tomorrow is my day!!) I'm back into bazaar mode and I'm starting with drawstring bags!


I was thrilled to have the perfect chicken wire fabric for the lining on my 'chicken' bag.

I've also got some other ideas rolling around in my pea sized brain. Mostly I came across these fabric combos while looking for a red this morning in my FQ bins. They are in no way finalized combos.

The santas are a definite but I'm not so fond of the other Xmas fabrics I've found so far.
I don't have the right red but I think I have a candy cane stripe...somewhere.

This is my fav so far...the yellow and green are perfect, the strips is horrid and will disappear shortly.

Some great fabrics I came across this morning...no idea yet what I would put with them.

Wouldn't this be a fun birthday gift bag?
I bought it to fussy cut for a hexie table mat but there is enough for bags too :)



Don't forget to check out today's groovy chicks on the batik hop!

5 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Cute Fabrics and darling drawstring bags, too!

Carolyn

Janet O. said...

Very cute chicken bag, Sarah. It is fun to find just the right fabrics to go together.
That is a gorgeous batik in the 4th photo, and of course I love the purples! : )

Missy Shay said...

I love the cupcake material!

margaret said...

drawstring bag is very nice with teh chicken fabric. feel the mouth watering looking at the cup cakes, much better for the figure on the fabric rather than in the tummy.

Denise :) said...

I love the coop wire fabric you used to line your little bag -- too cute!!! :)