Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, February 05, 2018

Monday update

I must say, I haven't accomplished much in the sewing department lately. January is one of my busiest months and that translates from late days at work to no desire to do anything but hit the couch when I get home.


I have been slowly working on my version of Bonnie's Mackinac quilt. I need 480 HSTs and I'm down to needing just 155 more. Woot!


What do all y'all do with the dog ears that you trim off your HSTs? Many moons ago I saw a neat clear glass Christmas ornament partially filled with dog ears. Ever since I've been saving mine in this old canning jar. The jar keeps them pretty neat until a naughty B&W cat gets in to them...

This weekend my nephew turned 13! A teenager!! Eeeek!! I can remember changing his stinky diapers just like it was yesterday and I've got pictures to prove it. LOL.


Anyways...the boy is a hockey fiend and he's been playing since he was 4 or 5 so I decided that he needed a hockey tie. I won't say that tie making is the easiest or hardest project in the world but it sure is fiddly work.


I think the tie was a hit but Tyler had been up half the night with a sleepover party and just finished a game before he opened presents so, yes, he does look like he's half asleep. A highlight before their game yesterday was the team posing with a local professional hockey player who is going to the Olympics in a couple weeks. Good luck Brian Gianta!!!


No, I didn't watch the super bowl yesterday but I did have a wonderful snack. A s'mores mug cake. I've stalled using this book for a while because most of the recipes make 2 cakes but it finally dawned on me that this rarely used soup mug would be perfect to make an entire recipe. It's not in the photo but I also added a scoop of homemade root beer ice cream. Thanks Janet!!

Happy Monday!!!


4 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

That B & W feline who gets into the dog ears jar wouldn't be the Z man?

Julierose said...

Oh Sarah-that many hst's would put me in the funny farm...good for you!!
Hugs, julierose

Janet O. said...

I can't think about making that many HSTs. I just have to do them a few at a time and not count how many I have until I know I have lots! But you are almost there--you can practically feel it at that point.
And the dog ears--I actually toss them in the trash without a second thought. I save too many small things. If I saved those too, I would be squeezed out of my sewing room!!
Kudos to you for making a tie. It looks great and I'm sure that sleepy nephew is thrilled. :)
What a fun looking book--but I'm sure it doesn't have gluten free versions. Oh, did you like the ice cream?

hetty said...

That's a lot of HSTs! Don't know if I would have the patience to make so many. As for the dog ears, I would toss them out. I save too many scraps as it is. One more jar and I wouldn't be able to get into my sewing room.