Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #40 - 2/21/18

I had three quilty goals for my long Presidents Day Weekend...

Goal #1 was to work on inventory items for an upcoming sale at my annual work conference. That began with working through some of the bits and bobs on the tables that have taken over my huge living room.  I didn't take any worthy photos but I did get some of the fabrics sorted and kitted so that I could put the scraps away. I really already have a lot of my general inventory thanks to a poor Christmas sale so my biggest goal is to make tons of name badge holders - I like to cut out as many as possible and then stitch them in batches by thread color. Someone asked how long it takes to make one and I had no idea since I mass produce them.

Goal #2 was to complete the 4th section of my Christmas Tree Skirt and I came pretty close.


I only took the one photo so you'll need to trust me...I've got 4 big seams left until it's in one piece so I'm certain I'll have it done by the end of the week.

Goal #3 was to get all my temperature rosettes appliqued onto back ground squares and this was completed 100%!!!!!



The blank square on the bottom left is for the rosette that finished yesterday and the 2 blanks on the right are half of the "label" that will be a thermometer to explain the rest of the quilt.


I did have snoopervision while I was sewing but I had to be very, very, very careful not to move my rolling sewing chair!

I thought I was so cool, basting yesterday's hexie before work so that I could stitch it in place during lunch and then get it appliqued after I got home really late for a final photo of the updated quilt.

44 - 56 - 32 - 30 - 35 - 46 - 70F

Except!! We were in for a big surprise when it was actually a record breaking 70F yesterday. I had prepped yellow but I needed orange!! I took several walks yesterday, just ask Mr Cranky Ankle, and I even slept with the window open last night. It was fabulous to wake up to the birds singing. Yet, it's February in Wyoming County and tonight it will be a mere 30F when I get home. We all enjoyed it while we could!


The pic is pretty washed out but I couldn't resist the morning sunshine. That orange in the bottom left sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it??!!


And one last photo of my new mug. Thanks for the link Janet - such an enabler!!!

And now it's time to share your latest temperature rosettes:




7 comments:

hetty said...


i love that mug!

Jo said...

Great work. Lovely photos. Wow that was a temperature spike. A very suitable mug for you..

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The tree skirt is lovely and how pretty does your temp quilt look laid out in the sun!

Pamela said...

30 to 70 in one week! How crazy is that? The tree skirt loos great!

Janet O. said...

Oh, you got it!! I am so glad. Happy to enable! :)
Your temp quilt is really fun! That is one crazy temperature swing! It has been such a weird weather year, and you have it all on record (or on a quilt).

MissPat said...

I thought of you when I saw the mug on Missouri Star? Or was it Craftsy? But I didn't follow through on letting you know. Glad someone else did.
I'm in FL right now enjoying recod breaking heat as well. Mid - 80's!
Pat

Vireya said...

Happy orange day! Your quilt looks fantastic all together.

The tree skirt is coming together beautifully.