Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, June 22, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 6/22/15

I had another busy weekend. I know - you're not surprised. You won't be surprised, either, to hear that I scheduled my quilt classes for the rest of the year. Yikes! Not sure what I was thinking scheduling that many classes and work days. Luckily I teach a lot of the basic classes every semester, which don't need tons of prep.

Saturday morning I worked at a pancake breakfast at our local airport. Saturday afternoon I was at the LQS to schedule classes and drop off our latest paperpieces.com order. My favorite online store, you know! Someday I want to go see the Hexie House in Paducah.

Sunday morning was housework and trimming fabric bits for current projects, then time with Dad and a rescue call. Finally after dinner I got to work on some hexies. I've put Value Prop on hold until my July vacation so I can make progress on some other projects.


Our local hexie group has a Birthday Club. We use a different shape each year and each girl lists her color choice. When it's your birthday all the other girls gift you basted EPP shapes for you to make what ever you want. 2 years ago we used .75" hexagons, last year was 1.5" diamonds and this year it's 2" chrysanthemums.


I have been working on my hexagon birthday project very slowly for some time. Check this link for my ultimate goal. I started by laying out 4 rosettes so I could balance all the fabrics (I added a lot of my own purple hexies) and now I am finally putting them together into a long strip. I have one panel done and this panel will be done today. I'll attach the panels together and then see how many hexies are still left. They have been stored in this beautiful blue Ball jar for eons now. I'll figure out how to add more so all the hexies are used up.


I am teaching this denim flower pin at our local Arts Council on Wednesday. It would be prettier with more variety in the denim but this is what I had. Wish me luck...


7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love the mass of purple hexies! That is a fun project you have chosen to create with them.
Too bad I recently gave away my denim squares. I had sooo much variety, but I knew I'd never make another denim quilt.
Did you get my email about the hexie fabrics?

margaret said...

your hexies are coming along well, I do like the mass of fabrics you have used, they work so well. Brooch looks good too, a good way of using up worn jeans, i have been given a link for a hat made from a denim leg which I hope to have a go at soon,


Pamela said...

Beautiful hexagons! I love those fabrics.

Karen H said...

As requested, I am wishing you luck although I rather doubt that you need it! You have a great pile of purple hexagons so you are well on your way to having enough for that fun pillow!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Hexie House was our first stop when we were in Paducah for Quilt Week in April. We stopped in all 3 days ... and I bought something every day!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your purple hexies are beautiful. Every year I tell myself I am going to the Paducah for Quilt Week--one year I will make it

Sheryl said...

Just love your hexies, I have been making a pile of blue ones but now I have seen yours mine look sad and sorry. sigh-