Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, June 19, 2015

Feline Friday - 6/19/15 - Midgie's Big Adventure

Momma let me sit on her half-nekked fireman quilt!!
Sunday was a very rainy day - there were even more floods in the town where Momma works and her LQS is. I cried and howled most of the day cuz I wanted to go outside, something I very rarely want to do cuz there are a lot of scary things outside, including my brother, Zorro.

Momma took me out on the porch a couple times but not for very long cuz it was cold and wet. Finally just before bed Momma was gonna take me out one last time. I saw my chance and bolted out into the dark. Momma said a naughty word and went in search of her flashlight and raincoat.

She spent an hour walking in the dark looking for me in the flower gardens, at the neighbors houses and at the village park behind our house. Surprisingly enough, Zorro followed Momma the whole she was searching for me, puddles and everything! Eventually Momma had to get to bed but she changed the bulb in the ugly fixture so she could leave the porch light on and put out some nice dry towels just in case I decided to come home. Momma wasn't sure I would cuz I am an old and wise girl and she worries that old kitties like to run off to the rainbow bridge.

Luckily when Momma got up early to come look for me again I had already decided to come home! I was on the towels on Zorro's table and he was also on the porch to protect me from that mean neighborhood kitty. Maybe Z really does like me?!?!

Momma cried a lot while she dried me off. I still wanna go back outside but Momma won't let me. I'm not sure why cuz I had a grand time!!




5 comments:

Tosty's Quilting Tidbits said...

Midgie, I'm going to take you to task for pulling a stunt like that. Do you know how many gray hairs and loss of sleep you caused your momma? I totally agree with her on not letting you out again. You need to love up to her and tell her you're sorry. And thank your brother for protecting you. :-) I'm off my soapbox now---you have a wonderful weekend.

Missy Shay said...

I know how you feel, I always freak out when I can't find my old cat in case he has decided to hide in his last hours. I'm glad she came back!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These summer months my furkids are out all night, but we are country and a large farm and they have a kitty door if needed. But I freak when they are gone too long.

Janet O. said...

I remember when you were making the fireman quilt. Is it only reserved for welcoming home prodigals?

margaret said...

can imagine what a sleepless night you have worrying, you must have been so delighted to find her on the porch, I too would have cried both whilst searching then with relieve when I found her