Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, June 29, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 6/29/15 - Rewards!

On Saturday I was very productive in finishing or making progress on 2 hexie UFOs so I allowed myself to start a new little project.


First I finished the binding on this little table mat. I know I haven't worked on it this year so it's been at least 6 months to finish the last 4 sides of binding.


I also put in the 4 setting triangles and the borders on the Flying Swallows I showed last week. Another project that's been sitting 6+ months. I bought more brown for the backing yesterday and hope to get it spray basted tonight. I hope to have it quilted in the next few weeks so I can do the binding while camping and maybe enter it in the county fair in August.

4 more bat/diamonds to add...

And, as a treat, I let myself start stitching this little cutie together. The owner of the LQS adores owls so there are always new owl fabrics coming to the store. She told me I "had" to buy the fat quarter I used for this project because the selvage dots are bats! It was a bonus that I could fussy cut the owls in their Halloween costumes. I'm not sure if I'll add more to it or stick with just this simple mat. The hexies are 1.5"

Happy Monday!! The sun is shining and I went for a walk at lunch :)


8 comments:

Ramona said...

It feels so good to finish up projects, doesn't it?? Your finished mat is beautiful. I love the colors and design. I'm not into halloween stuff, but your hexie project is adorable! Too cute.

Janet O. said...

Very striking table mat! Love it!
The swallows are looking great, and I got a chuckle from the Halloween owls in hexie form.
I had forgotten that you collect selvedges. I should have sent some to you with the hexie fabrics. I don't have very many right now, since I have mostly made minis lately, but there is a little handful in the basket. Next time. : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Now I don't feel bad that I have a quilt waiting for the binding to be finished (3 months now). Beautiful pieces, but the owls do make me chuckle.

Chantal said...

Some lovely progress Sarah. Always good to put the binding on a project. Well done.

gayle said...

All your projects are beautiful, but the little owls are making me grin!

Missy Shay said...

Your table mat turned out beautiful!

margaret said...

good to see the table mat completed very nice indeed and the other 2 projects too they will also soon be finished

Karen H said...

What great colours! I love orange and there is plenty of it in this post!