Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, November 09, 2009

Indian Summer...

...has finally arrived in Western NY. You're right, it has snowed twice already and the roads had to be sanded last week but Saturday and Sunday it was in the 60s and today's high is 69. Made good use of the weather yesterday - raked leaves (again), trimmed the shrubs, bedded the garden for the winter, pulled the brussel sprouts that didn't really do anything and trimmed the day lillies (again). Dad helped me with that so I helped him with his leaves. After 7 hours of labor (in a shortsleeve tshirt !!! ) I was done and went to bed at 9pm.

The Christmas Bazaar was Saturday. I did ok, thanks to a large purchase by a friend. Now I just need some place to sell my left overs. The two other Bazaars I had thought of have been replaced with other fundraisers. There is always the internet, Mary never got anything to the Cider Mill - maybe I could sell something there, Wendy has a family relative that could sell things...
Next project...1 month until the Wyoming County Clerk's Association has their first ever Christmas party at my house. I'm sure it will be fun but "we" need to construct/upolster an ottoman, finish remodel of foyer, create Xmas decorations and the dreaded "cleaning." How does one wash the new laminate floor? Can't use a mop and bucket...

No comments: