It was another good reading month. 13 books in 2 months is pretty much par for me. I am trying to get back into my morning walks so that might increase my reading some. Woot!
One of the titles is a little out of character but when you are trying to accomplish a reading challenge, you just kind of run with it and are sometimes quite surprised with the book. I needed a K book and this one just kinda showed up when I needed it.
I've made a bibliophile tab
for the people who have asked for more info on my reading challenges. I can also add the books I've read for the challenges if anyone is interested.
The Fifth Witness
- I was hoping this series was more of a police procedural but it's more about one cops life as she deals with the psycho that got her brother killed. I'm hoping the next book in the series will get back on to the track **I** want the series to take. LOL.
Murder Beyond the Grave
- 2 real life crimes that were later turned into a tv show. Yes, truth is stranger than fiction.
Case of the Sin City Sister
- a sister who works with her PI father and takes care of cats. A lighter look t police procedurals
Big Cherry Holler
- I enjoyed this 2nd book of the trilogy. I even enjoyed that the author read the book but I did think the details of their marriage "problems" were a little thin. They had some real big issues but they could have been fleshed out better.
-Thankfully not so much about basketball as finding the good or bad "coaches" where ever we are in life.
On my iPhone - Magpie Murders
On my home stereo - Silver Linings
- I like this book but the CDs are so scratched I can only listen to it via the DVD player which means I need to be in the living room instead of where ever I can plug in my CD player/stereo. And that means it's been slowing going...
And now it's your turn - what have you read in the last month? Anything counts: novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box. I am particularly interested if you have read any 'O' or 'E' books that will help me with my reading challenge...