Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pike Fair...contd...

Three days this week I was supposed to only work half days and then run to the fair for my various volunteer positions. It wasn't until after I had already left work 45 minutes late yesterday that I realized I hadn't posted anything on my blog. Sorry gang :(

I'm clearly not a food blogger but this is my blackberry cake from Sunday. It's a very dense cake that can be eaten by hand.



Blackberry Cake (150+ year old receipt from Kentucky)
Cream 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar
Add 3 eggs – 1 at a time
Add 2 cups berries w/ juice
Sift 3 cups flour and 2 t soda
Combine wet and dry ingredients
Add 3/8 t nutmeg, 2/8 t cloves, 1/8 t allspice, 1 t cinnamon

Bake 35-40 minutes in a well greased pan at 350F

Yes...recipes used to be known as receipts!

I'll post more fair photos tomorrow, then comes Feline Friday and Saturday is HeLP for hexie-aholics. Next week I'll share more fair photos and then on 8/21/13 we begin the Be a Hexie Queen blog hop - be sure to check my hop post on Friday 8/23/13!!!

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

It does look dense--more like a casserole bread, so it is hard for me to imagine that it is sweet. But the recipe has plenty of sugar. Is it a very sweet cake? Sounds like a yummy way to use some berries.