Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, March 24, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 3/24/14

Other than a birthday party where we got to learn belly dancing at the local dance studio - it was fun and much easier than expected, but my hip is bothering me again  - I had most of the rest of the weekend at home to sew. And very little of that involved hexies. Amazing, huh?!


I started the weekend by making this mugrug, seminole piecing style, as part of my gift for the party. The gift was completed with a new tea cup, a couple tea bags, chocolates and white choco smores gooey cake bars.


Just the day before I was mentioning to Denise and a couple other people that maybe the new tea house in Mt Morris would be interested in selling some mug rugs. I was already in mug rug mode so I just kept going! Even if they are not interested, mugrugs make great gifts and you can never have too many on hand.


I pulled out the finished mugrugs from my inventory box to see what I had and then started pulling fabrics for more. Finding fabrics buried in my FQ boxes and scrap bins is fun; deciding which pattern to use and designing new ones can be a bit tedious. That's why I tend to make multiples of the same design with different fabrics...makes life easier...


Of course I had my little helper to keep some of the scraps in place. I didn't photo the messy pile of smaller scraps I need to clean up - I hope you'll understand! I will suggest you check out Chantal's posts over the weekend on how she deals with smaller scraps. I can't wait to get home and "clean up."


Of course I still have this pile of fabrics to work thru...which creates more scraps. LOL! It's a never ending battle but at least one we enjoy. Happy Monday!



8 comments:

Denise :) said...

I love all your fun piles!! Those mug rugs are really great -- I'm in love with that design!! Hope you DO make some positive contact with the tea house -- that would be so cool!! Heading over to check out the link right now!! Have a HAPPY week!! :)

Ruth said...

The mug rugs are so cute.

Chantal said...

I completely agree with you! Mug Rugs are so handy to have on hand to give as gifts. Oh I so hope the tea shop will snap them up. They would be silly not to. They are gorgeous. Thank you so much for the mention! You are a star. I love your furry help holding down those smaller pieces which are so apt to fall off the table. Good girl she is!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a fun pile of fabric. I like the card trick ones.

Janet O. said...

I'm still looking for the messy pile of smaller scraps.
Somebody makes a great paperweight--uh, fabricweight?
Cute mug rugs. I especially like your Card Trick renditions!

Carla said...

Cute mug rugs!

margaret said...

what no photos of the belly dancing?! You seem to produce so much whilst working too, put me to shame as I am retired and no where near as productive. I am using some of my 5" economy blocks to make into mug mats as in a rash moment I make about 100 blocks!

Gari in AL said...

I, too, love mug rugs but I have never done Seminole piecing. Is it hard to learn?