Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, October 05, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 10/5/15

Yesterday started with a long agenda but even tho I stayed in bed an extra hour to read email/etc on my phone, much to the chagrin of a certain B&W cat who wanted OUT, I still accomplished quite a bit!!


First I frogged out the stitching on 4 of these black eyed susan rosettes since I couldn't think of 8 more/different designs and the effect wasn't spectacular. I finally decided to use the cat print for backing since the gold rosettes matched the gold cats. After spray basting the layers I did one round of SITD quilting. I made the binding with a fab dark green. I just saw a video yesterday on using a #71 Bernina flat fell foot to sew on bindings...if I can find the foot soon I would like to give it a try...


Next I top stitched the hexies to the side panels and then trimmed them to size. It turned out to be an easy decision to make the right hand side of the hexies as the exact center of the quilt - It's 10" to each side from the center. I was thrilled to see that I had enough of the dot, plum and floral fabrics to do the back the way I wanted. When the center is quilted, I'll be able to fold the back to the front and stitch it down so that the dot is over the floral, the floral is over the dot and the plum is over the hexies. Picking a quilting pattern on this one is gonna take me some time...


Last but not least I made lotsa progress on my plus quilt. I picked fabrics for the last of the 14 colored pluses and started stitching the top together. The colored pluses will definitly be done by week's end but I'm not sure about adding in the white.

Of course, while working at the LQS Saturday, I was showing off the pluses and that gave my boss an idea to do a red/pink/white Valentine's X and O quilt. So yeah, I started another doll quilt but it should be an easy finish. Luckily I am paid in fabric!! It's looking more and more like I am going to have lotsa holiday doll quilts for the dolly cat bed!



6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Your cats won't ever want to get out of bed? But wait--maybe they already don't. : )

Pamela said...

Adorable little quilts!

Denise :) said...

Awwww, love the kitty cat fabric you used for the backing!! Very nice!! I simply *adore* the little hexie quilt in the center. Just darling! :)

margaret said...

both these project are coming along well the plus one really has caught my eye so colourful

Chantal said...

Awesome Sarah, you got so much done. Love all the cat quilts!

Karen H said...

Someone has been busy! Your little hexagon quilts are too cute for words and I love your plus quilt!