Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 9/19/16

I took one final camping trip this past weekend!! It was a good trip but a little weird.

Weird cuz the leaves are not really changing yet given the extremely dry weather...there was green and burgundy and nothing in between.

Weird cuz I have bronchitis (yeah, AGAIN, third time this year & 2nd time while camping which puts a damper on the mountain climbing).

Good cuz the weather was perfect - 36F Friday morning for my big hike and 60/70s the rest of the weekend, with rain Saturday Night which is perfect for sleeping.

I finished 10 background bits,
whipstitched the already basted pieced hexies and
got a good start on the next Jefferson Star.

Good cuz after the hiking and the antiquing, there was time for hexies!!!

Bad cuz when I got home, the children hadn't been playing nice and Zorro had a big abscess on his neck.

Worse cuz before I could get Z to his vet appointment today, he had scratched open the abscess and bled all over the latest Jefferson star. It's not like I can wash the fabrics with the papers in them so I'll need to star that star over. I only had enough papers to make 6 stars...wish I could get more.

I think that's all the camping I can handle for one year...but I've already started planning my hikes for next year!! And, let me tell you, they are some pretty big plans!


9 comments:

Janet O. said...

Nothing wrong with planning big!
Sounds like an interesting recent camping trip. But I do love the part about sleeping while it rains, as long as the wind doesn't get too involved.
At our family reunion campout this summer we had such a wind and rainstorm one night that the sides of our tent were blowing in over our faces (at least we have a very sturdy tent). But my sister and her hubby had their tent completely collapse on them.
Hope Z can get healed up without more of those kinds of troubles!

Chantal said...

Sorry you have bronchitis and sorry that Z got an abscess from fighting. Those are no fun. Sorry it ruined your hexie papers. I am glad that you had a good time camping and had time to do the things you love to do. Yeah, go big or go home!!! Looking forward to hearing about your big plans. They will be grand no doubt.

Julierose said...

Oh bronchitis is the worst--once you have it it is hard to shake it off...
oh sorry your star got messed up...and poor Z...i hope you feel better soon...hugs, Julierose

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I am surprised the leaves had not turned a little more, as you say the dry and now we are having cold nights. Bronch 3 times is not a good thing. Ouchie 'Z' - those darn kids. Hmmm - big plans in the offing, can't wait to hear.

Pamela said...

I love that yellow and orange hexie flower! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Missy Shay said...

Try a tide stick, they kind you can take with you, and then blot. It's worth a try since it is ruined anyways, maybe you can salvage it.

margaret said...

you have certainly had more than your share of bronchitis trust you are over it now. Here the leaves are starting to change but we never get them as nice as you do. Poor Zorro sounds painful maybe they will stop scrapping now and behave or maybe that is asking too much of them

Denise :) said...

Have you ever read the children's book, "Fortunately, Unfortunately"? LOL! I'm so sorry about your icked-up star. Do you keep those in a plastic bin? Hope Z heals up quickly and completely -- make him mind! Baaahahahaaa! :)

Angie in SoCal said...

Those are lovely hexies you've got there. Yes, fall is here even though the color hasn't arrived yet.