Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Corn fritters

After a recent chat with Missy about grilling corn on the cob, I said that I would be making corn fritters with my fresh corn. Missy wasn't familiar with corn fritters so I offered the recipe and thought I would share it here on my blog...

I'm not sure where I got this version of the recipe but we also have an 18th century "receipt" for corn oysters that is quite similar.

1 cup corn
2 eggs
6 T flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
fresh ground nutmeg

The recipe will tolerate more corn and I rarely measure the other ingredients, just eye ball it.

Fry in 3T butter about 3 minutes per side.

I like to pat off the extra butter with a paper towel. Yummy warm or cold!


2 comments:

Sherrill said...

I used to make corn fritters ALL the time!! But I had a recipe that used a small can of creamed corn. SO good especially with a little maple syrup!

Jo said...

Sounds yum