Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, July 02, 2019

The Bibliophile Files - 7/2/19

I think I had an ok reading month - I finished 5 books and I'm nearly through a 6th. Being able to link my phone (and therefore my audiobooks) to the new car helps make some steady daily  progress while I drive to work. Vacation is coming soon and that means lots of listening time in the car, while climbing mountains and while sitting at the campsite. Woohoo!

I'm still working on my "calendar" challenge. Someone asked me to describe my challenge but I haven't had time to type something up. The quick version is that if you spell out the months (74 letters) I will read a book where at least one of the words in the title will begin with one of the letters spelling the months of the year (I highlighted the appropriate letters in the titles below). That was probably as clear as mud so I'll work on getting something better for the next Bibliophile Files. In the meantime, I would appreciate books with a word in the title beginning with E, R and U.

FINISHED
     The Girl Before - I call this kind of book "Then & Now" since I don't know the official library term. It's a fantastic story of 2 women who lived in the same apartment but years apart. One survives and one doesn't.
     The First Time She Drowned - Cassie, the daughter in a dysfunctional family is dumped into a mental institution for 2 years. After her release on her 18th birthday she has to learn to fit in at college, learn to make friends and learn to deal with her family - which is still quite dysfunctional.
     You -
     Rusty Nail - A good story but I have no idea where the title came from.
     Johnny Get Your Gun -

IN PROGRESS
     on my home stereo - Cemetery Road
     on my iPhone - Olivia Twist

I chose not to renew my linky party software so I'm hoping that anyone wishing the linky was still here will leave their link or book titles in the comments.  If there is a big uproar to this change in procedure, I'll consider paying for the software again. I'm also still open to other suggestions.

As I've said in the past, it's now your time to link up and anything counts: magazine, novel, quilt pattern or cereal box.



3 comments:

Pamela said...

I just finished "Spells and Spiced Latte", a kindle free book. It was a quick read and was okay. I have a number of free mysteries I've downloaded recently and am now reading "Live and Let Diet".

MissPat said...

I'm currently reading Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver. It's what you call a now and then book. And I just finished Women rowing north by Mary Pipher (Nonfiction). It was okay but not life-changing by any means.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

Your calender challenge sounds like fun! I'm part of a similar challenge, spelling out all the Hogwarts houses. I checked my recently read books for your letters, for R, I really liked Red Queen (both by Victoria Aveyard and Christina Henry, but the latter one is part 2 of a series) and The Body Reader by Anne Frasier, but U and E are tricky. Evelyn, After wasn't bad, though.