Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Cat Cat Cats Kittens

First off, this is Smokey, my "niece" and house guest this past week while my brother and his family went to visit Mickey Mouse. I don't think she has a promising modeling future - she has no idea how to sit still and/or pose.
This is Pepper in his latest favorite hidey spot under the dining room table. I have gorgeous red fabric with elephants (can you see the red paint in the background?) to reupholster these chairs but for now the 6-layered, original horsehair filling "broken in" appearance conforms to both cat and human butts quite nicely. Poppi was not happy to have his cousin stay over but he learned to tolerate her.

And this is the latest version of my cat quilt which I am trying to finish for the Wyoming County Fair. Somehow I had missed QuilterKathy's comment about using 4 patches in the border to match the center of the cat tails but as I was re-reading the comments, I thought it was the purrrrrfect idea. I am cutting it very close with the background material so I hope I have enough. We might need to get creative...  The quilt is going to be a bit bigger than I had planned (it's to be hung over my full sized headboard) but I think it will work out ok.

As far as the kittens, there is a new batch behind the store next to my office but almost forgotten lunch plans prevented me from getting a picture today. I'll update this post with a picture later or next week. I doubt I can get all three to pose but there is a tortie, a calico and a charcoal gray & white. So little their eyes are still blue. Ahhhhh.

UPDATE: Here are the babes!! The Hunter Star quilt behind the calico is my "mini" entry for the Fair....I have 1 side left to finish the binding.

No comments: