Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 1/24/11

I'm afraid I wasn't nearly as productive this weekend as last. I had a tea party at my house yesterday (look for pictures tomorrow) and spent my time cleaning and cooking. I sew wanted to sew but it didn't happen.

--I did purchase more fabric to do the borders on my t-shirt quilt and have started cutting the fabric. Hopefully after Library Board meeting tonight I can get at least one or two sidea sewn on.
--I did lay out a few blocks to sew on my RollRollCottonBoll but couldn't quite make out which way to lay out the pink/brown half square triangles given that I printed the directions in black and white. That got set aside because I was not going to frog out mistakes.
--I did start working on the red and neutral half square triangles (for RRCB) this morning...only 580 more to go!

I also started this little project. I don't like V-Day so I surprised myself by buying the kit. It's really tho. These hearts will be sewn into a red bias binding to create a little banner strip to hang across the window or door frame. I think it needs more reds and one black :)

Can't believe I almost forgot to tell you that it was -13F when I got up this morning. It dropped fast last night and there wasn't a cloud in the sky to retain any morsel of heat. My windows/frames were cracking in the cold - it was a little creepy. It's currently +13F and tomorrow is supposed to be 32F. WTF?!?!?

1 comment:

Chris said...

Your week kinda sounds like mine. Hopefully this week will be more productive.