Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The Historical Storm that wasn't

Blue sky and the sun coming over
the neighbor's garage
Between 10pm last night and 10 pm tonight we were supposed to get a "historical" storm of massive proportions with up to 18 inches of snow and blowing winds and blah blah blah. I was soooo excited for a snow day (I wanna sew!) but I knew when I took some work home with me that it would never happen. On the drive home at 6:30 it seemed foggy in the oncoming headlights but in my own I could make out sleet. Either way I never even needed to use my windshield wipers. When I went to bed at 11 it was barely snowing. Do you see where this is going? I awoke at 4:30 am and checked out the window. There was snow but nothing great. At 5:30 the siren went off for a rescue call. Ok, so it was a little deep to trudge thru while I walked to the fire hall but not the worst either. I did have to dig out the end of the drive thanks to the plows but when I finally got that done it was sunny and blue skies. It has rained several times and more snow is predicted but since every school is closed within 50 miles I think they jumped the gun a little. Hello, people, this is Western NY - it snows and blows here :)



I don't want to be anywhere close when these fall off my roof - I saw some fall off a neighbor's roof this morning. Love the sun lighting up the ice. You can just barely make out the icicle that runs down the vertical piece of siding in the right hand pic.

No comments: