Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Honeycomb Tumblers

Sooo...remember how I took a blogging break so I could have surgery last week? Well after sitting in the waiting room for almost 2 hours they cancelled it! There were technical problems in the OR so they started with the first victims patients of the day and cancelled as they needed. And I had thought being the first victim patient was a good thing since the doc wouldn't be tired yet...

Strangely enough, the 20 minute drive home took 6 hours because we had 3 rescue calls right on top of each other and that meant I was at the hospital 3 times (we didn't transport one of the patients) and all the nurses were laughing WITH me! For the patients it was a good thing surgery was cancelled but I wasn't so happy about it at first.

I had time to use up so I still took last Thursday and Friday off - I think it's the first 5 day weekend I've ever had where I didn't go somewhere. I sewed and sewed and sewed. It was nice but I finally had to get out of the house on Sunday. LOL.

I swiped this idea from a youtube video from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I've had the fabric for a while and knew I wanted a tumbler quilt but I thought this was a fun take on the standard tumblers. It's a little more red than I like but I don't want to buy more fabric in the other colors so it is what it is. I'm hoping the border and binding will balance it...


This is my border fabric. Since the quilt is a little long, I might just put borders on 2 sides. I'll decide that once I finally get the tumblers sewn together.


PS - yes, surgery has been rescheduled and there will be another blogging break - I'll let you know when as the date approaches in June.


4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sorry about your cancellation, but so happy you gave yourself some ME time.

Janet O. said...

Wasn't it hard to be all geared up to go under the knife and then have it canceled?
I guess on the positive side, you got time off without being laid up. I like what you have created. That is a fun look, and the border fabric is beautiful!

Michelle said...

Love the tumblers and the border fabric is just right!!
At least it wasn't 2pm and you are starving and then they say 'sorry' but your surgery is cancelled.
I'm glad you had an extended weekend.......sounds nice !

Me and My Stitches said...

Way to make the most of your time off! Can't believe your surgery was cancelled - I was just thinking of you yesterday, wondering how you were doing!