Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Jared takes an Asian wife

Since Bonnie will be in WNY in just 111 Days, 6 hours, 43 minutes and 22seconds, I felt I should finish at least one project for her usual show-n-tell. The project I have been thinking about the most lately was Jared Takes a Wife...except mine is made with Asian fabrics. LOL. When last I worked on this quilt, I was stumped for borders. I know, you're laughing and asking what else is new!! Ya see, I had changed the pattern by taking out the sashing so the sizes were off and I didn't know if I wanted a plain border like Bonnie or a pieced border.

When I pulled it out this weekend I decided the quilt needed to be bigger than what adding a couple of borders could accomplish. I only had enough of the black fabric for 5 more blocks which wasn't going to cut it for my idea so the next round of 22 blocks will have some of the fabrics re-arranged.

As you can see tho, I've already made the 88 corner blocks. I was even able to use some of the same (scrappy) greens so I am hoping that will pull together the inner and outer blocks and people won't realize there was probably 5 years between the start and finish of this quilt. Once I get this round on and see how big it is, I'll decide about the borders. Good way to stall making a decision on borders, huh??!!





8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is so pretty (great helpers too) - sure you will work out those borders by 110 days.

Janet O. said...

I'm very curious to see the look the next round of blocks will create--apparently so are the kitties! : )

Anonymous said...

I like what you did. Is it for someone special - like you? Anxious to go to class, are you? =)

Michelle said...

Looks great Sarah...........
I'm sure you have enough time to do what you want.
The kitties look happy too......

margaret said...

I am sure you will complete it in time, mind you certain feline friends will have to leave it alone!

Missy Shay said...

I love it! I would be tempted to do a regular border so you will have time to quilt it before she comes. You also don't want it too busy, unless you do a solid border and then a pieced border to make it even bigger.

Vireya said...

Wow, it looks good! I like the idea of a different fabric arrangement for the outer ring of blocks. It should make a nice frame for it.

Frances Meredith said...

I'm glad you mentioned the Show and Tell. I was going to give you a nudge, as I am expecting to see your Bonnie quilts in the S&T at your workshop;)