Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

The Bibliophile Files

Hello and Welcome to the latest edition of The Bibliophile Files!!

Feel free to grab a button for your own blog.

As you will probably recall I have challenged myself to read at least 74 books this year.  The books I choose will fit in to one or both of the following criteria. The main goal is to pick titles that spell out the months of the year (ex: Killing Floor is the 'F' in February). There is no need to read them in order and when it gets to the end of the year I might need to move titles from one letter to another in order to find enough books to finish on time. My other goal is to read books that have colors in the titles. You can track my progress on both criteria at my Bibliophile tab above.

Shelfari says that I am currently behind schedule so I guess it's a good thing that the final season of Breaking Bad came in at the library yesterday so I can finish it and get back to reading :) I am also hoping Friday's off during July and August and a couple camping trips will up the numbers.

Any one have suggestions with yellow, white or another color in the title?

Need a good book laugh? Check out my abibliophobia board.
BTW - Google Chrome needs to update their spell check - it told me abibliophobia should really be spelled homophobia. Unacceptable!

===================================================================
I know you've been waiting on pins and needles so here are the books I've finished since our last linky on April 1st:

Killing Floor - This is the first book in a long standing series and I can't wait to find out what happens as the main character develops since he is currently more of a hobo and less of the veteran in his previous life.

Whole Enchilada - This is part of the Goldy Schultz mystery series. What's not to love about a series that involves food?! A bit predictable but not too much. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the series.

Hand of Evil - Another good story in this series but I do have to wonder how many murders can happen in one person's small world and how many times she can blog about it before it gets to her readers. I'm just too literal sometimes...

Black Hills - Yes, it is a Nora Roberts love story and yes, it was a little steamy here and there but there was a good story line that kept me interested until the end. I picked the book off the shelf for it's title (I needed a 'black' book) but I stuck with it for the mystery involved.

Last Oracle - The beginning of this book made me wonder what I was getting in to. You've probably discovered I like a good whodunit and this started out as greek mythology. Luckily I stuck with it! I have not ready any of the other books in this series (Sigma Force) but I did add them to my someday list.

Baker's Daughter - For some reason I seem to be drawn to WWII books. This book alternates between Elsie's life today and flash backs to her life as a baker's daughter in WWII. I was stunned to learn about the Lebensborn Program - no idea how I had not heard of it before. A little Googling allowed me to learn more about the project since it really wasn't the main focus of the book.

Currently I'm working on the following: Afraid to Die and A Wilder Rose

===================================================================

Okie Dokie - now it's your turn to share what you've read in the last month. I'm looking forward to hearing about anything you've read: be it novel, magazine, new quilt book or a cereal box. Just be sure to link to a specific blog post and not your blog in general. Help is always available to get you linked properly.



2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Looks like some interesting reads Sarah! I too like books written during WWII so am adding that one to my list along with Killing Floor. I'm intrigued.

Missy Shay said...

What day is this linky party during the month? I had all my books last month stacked up to do a blog post and forgot!! I'll be ready next month!