Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

The Bibliophile Files - 12/6/16

Hello all and Welcome to the December edition of The Bibliophile Files - my monthly book report :)

Goodreads says I have now finished 83 books this year, just one short of my goal. I've got some good audiobooks lined up at home so I don't think it will be difficult to surpass that goal before the end of the year. Woohoo!

Finished -
     Memory Man
     Bad Blood
     The Vendetta Defense - great book/series which I just heard actually morphed into another series - meaning the fun continues.
     Pennies for Hitler - I never did figure out where the title came from but this was about a German boy who must hide his identity while he is "hidden" in England and then Australia during WWII.
     Rose Under Fire  - another WWII book about lady pilots
     Tricky 22
     Burn Baby Burn - a coming of age story during the Son of Sam killing spree (which I found to be a very weak part of the story)
     Left to Die - a lot of great twists in this first book of a great series (and I know cuz I started mid-series. LOL)
     Bride of New France - a slow starter but a great historical look at the life of a poor woman moving to a new country and making a new life. Loved the historical info at the end.

In Progress -
     On my stereo - Among the Wicked - nothing new here - I found a new series by starting in the middle of the series
     On my iPhone - Divine Collision - a kinda long book with a religious spin (ie not my usual topic) but it spends a lot of time of the severely lacking judicial system in Uganda

And now it's your turn...what did you read in the last month?  Was it a novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box? Do tell!!!



1 comment:

Denise :) said...

You've done well!! I'm going back and forth between three different Advent devotionals, that I'm just loving, and I've switched over to all Christmas fiction for the season. I adore Amish fiction anyway, but especially at Christmastime! I'm currently reading the second of two fun, light tales. The first was "The Christmas Tree Keeper" and the current one is "The Tree Keeper's Promise". I wish there was a third!! LOL! :)