Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, July 03, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 7/3/17


Last week I ordered a curved ruler, planning to do some crosshatch quilting on my owl quilt.

In preparation, I watched and re-watched some videos on using this particular ruler and some others.

Eventually, I just had to jump in and do it...

After using this ruler over the weekend, I've decided that it was a fantastic purchase!

You might be able to see the pegs on the top which make it a little easier to hold on to.

There is also a strip of velcro on the bottom of the ruler. The velcro grips the fabric nicely and also helps to remove the cat hair, which is probably more Blue's than Z's  :(

It took me a while to get into my rhythm but after that it's just plain fun.

Oh, alright, I'll admit it, it's a little painful wrangling the large quilt thru the arm of my Bernina but with my nice, large sewing table to support the quilt as a whole, it's all good in the end.

I don't have family BBQ plans tomorrow so I plan to get my chores done tonight so I can play at my sewing machine all day tomorrow!!!

Wishing all my American friends a Happy Fourth of July!!!!

Bibliofile Files, normally scheduled for the first Tuesday (tomorrow) will get bumped to next week (7/11/17). Hmm...how many more books can I get finished in a week??!!

Linking to Design Wall Monday and Monday Making.



7 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

You've almost talked me into getting one. Great job. Happy 4th to you, also.

Julierose said...

Lovely quilting--looks like a great tool for curved work...I hope your 4th is happy--- treats for Blue and Z (zz top?? hahaha) hugs x3 Julierose

Janet O. said...

Great job, Sarah! I'm glad you found your groove. Have a very quilty 4th!!

Pamela said...

The quilt looks great!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I am proud of you - a few of our guild members bought this ruler and I am proud of them improving on their quilting skills. I can't left brain-right brain do ruler work but find Angela Walters dot-to-dot method works for me.

margaret said...

your ruler work looks great is this a westalee ruler? I watched a demo on them the other day it made it look so easy though I am sure it isn`t. Very tempted but need adaptions fro my bernina and they are very pricy too, maybe wait and see if I manage to but a new machine with a longer arm thinking of a janome or even a juki.

Jo said...

I am so glad you had fun. It is looking good. REMEMBER, Slow and steady wins the race...