Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, July 17, 2017

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 7/17/17

Hello and welcome to our monthly Hexie Linky party!!!

For a change of pace, today I thought I would share the gifts I gave and received for our Hexie Club Brown Bag Challenge.

As you may recall, last December seven of us exchanged brown lunch bags with scraps of some of our favorite fabrics. They needed to be fav fabrics because the person who received your bag would be making a secret project to gift back to you at our Christmas in July party.


I received Linda's brown bag which included a number of blue and green fabrics plus a smaller white piece. I eventually came up with (ie, modified/stole from the evil website) an idea to use honeycomb shapes to make a blue/green panel for a vinyl mesh tote bag.


Of course, I had help from my Snoopervisor who has a very fluffy tail.


Eventually I completed the 2 honeycomb panels and then machine appliqued them to white fabric.


The panels were then added to the white mesh totebag. I modified a totebag pattern I've made many times to accommodate the size of the honeycombs which created some of it's own issues. "Next time" I make this pattern I'll put it together a little differently to make my life easier :)

Cheryl received my bag which had purples and B&W fabrics. What can I say? They were scraps on my cutting table and they spoke to me.


It was hard to get a great picture but basically she covered a stretched canvas with more of the purples and B&Ws surrounding the edge. I would love more of the cat fabric!

Now I just need to decide where to hang this little beauty!

And just to tease you with a little project I'm working on...


I'm very proud of my frugal use of these fabrics. It's so much more frugal than how I started the project. Could I, should I, be a little more vague on details to entice you? Bwahahahaha!! I'll show you in a few weeks when it actually looks like something.

Ok - now it's our favorite time to share projects. We are looking forward to seeing your project no matter if it's new or old or even just a project in the design stage. Any paper shape counts.




3 comments:

Pamela said...

That honeycomb bag is gorgeous!

Turid said...

So many interesting projects you're working on. I'm still on my La Passion, and will be for some more months. But now I can see the end of that project.

margaret said...

what a fabulous bag and the wall hanging you have received great too. Must make an effort to share a project one week with you