Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #62 - 7/25/18

Hello! Hello!

Did you miss me last week? I spent 10 days in my favorite Adirondack Mountains where the weather was both hot and cold. I'm trying to get a post together for next week...

First is the week that finished while I was camping:

Week #61
75 - 80 - 84 - 73 - 80 - 92 - 74 F

That Monday where it was 92? Yeah I was hiking. Ugh. I had tried to talk myself out of it but then someone said oh just get up early so you can finish early and it will be fine.

Well... I kinda got up early, didn't account for the long drive there (half on a washboard dirt road) nor did I count on the almost vertical climb for the last mile of the 3 mile hike. And I am not the fastest climber to begin with, being an overweight asthmatic with a formerly Cranky Ankle to look out for. Anyway, after reaching the top, taking some time to rest, eat lunch and do a few hexies, take a climb up the fire tower and a hike back down to the car, the afternoon was half over, let alone going back down that awful dirt road.

This high was followed by a quick thunderstorm which helped drop the temps for the next two days.

Week #62
66 - 75 - 79 - 80 - 81 - 80 - 74 F

The low for the week was 44 Thursday morning - it was great sleeping weather but I didn't get to enjoy it otherwise as I was sick as a dog. Bummer cuz it was perfect weather to go hiking.


The month so far has been quite warm which makes that one cool day stick out like a very sore thumb.


I especially get a kick out of seeing June and July together. Saturday I'm doing my annual hexie demo at the local farmers' market. They really got a kick out of the start of last year's temp quilt so I hope they will enjoy the finished year 1 and start of year 2 just as much.

How's your weather been??




3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love the use of the Grunge fabrics for this year's temp quilt.
That one love yellow in July won't look so alone when it is sewn next to June.
Temps in the 90s here, with mostly low humidity, though the heavens did barely spit on us this morning.

Pamela said...

Hot hot hot! All over Japan it is hot, with no end in sight.
I too like your grunge fabrics this year.

Denise :) said...

Good grief ... I've been reading your posts, but the commenting was too tough with only one hand to type. Reading on my phone the commenting was hit or miss. I love all your fun pretties! You had a good week! :)