Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 9/17/19

Hello and welcome to HeLP for Hexie-aholics!!! Can you believe how fast the last month has flown by? I certainly can't. It doesn't feel like I've accomplished much on my hexies but I suppose I can only blame that on my fall job taking up my lunches and evenings. By the weekend I'm too pooped to clean house, mow or stitch much. It's pretty pathetic :(


I think I've doubled the width of this doll quilt since I last shared it with y'all. As you can see, the top/bottom edges are a little wonky due to the honeycomb shape and me working on this in halves to keep the fabric pairs separated. I have 2 and a half more columns to put on the left side to use up the fabric I've cut. I think I'll then need 1 or 2 more columns to get it the proper width and then I can clean up the top and bottom. Next step after that is to pick a silhouette. Several people felt a cat would still be appropriate despite having just finished Mr Serious but I've still got my eyes and ears open for anything that strikes my fancy.

And now it's your turn. Please comment below with a link to your hexie project or tell us about a project you are dreaming of starting. I look forward to seeing your projects!!


2 comments:

Pamela said...

Great progress!

Here's my Year 3 - https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2019/09/monday-morning-star-count-week-19.html. It's coming along.

Leonore Winterer said...

I think sour honeycomb project should feature a (Pooh) Bear instead of a cat, but cats are awesome as well!
By the way, I'm getting a lot of delivery failed emails from you again...didn't you fix that?