Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

The Bibliophile Files - 9/3/19

I had another good reading month and feel really confident in finishing my 74 book reading challenge for the year (spell out the months of the year and read a book that has those letters in the title somewhere). When I logged into goodreads.com to update my booklist I was especially pleased to see that I'm actually only 3 books behind on my 90 book challenge for the year. DoubleWoot!

I'm having a "Monday" on a Tuesday so a very late post and no insight on the books..I'll just tell you that my favorite was either Reversal or Elevation and I don't have a least favorite, per say, but the hardest to get into was Keeper of Lost Things and Endless Beach, both of which I enjoyed in the end.

FINISHED
     The Reversal
     Monstrous Beauty
     Openly Straight
     An Enemy of the People
     The Cat Who Went up the Creek
     Elevation
     The Keeper of Lost Things
     Sister Eve, Private Eye
     Night & Day
     Home Sweet Murder
     The Endless Beach
     The Jungle

IN PROGRESS
     on my iPhone - All Lined Up
     on my home stereo - Firefly Lane, a novel

I'm looking for suggestions for 4 more books with R, U or Y in the title. Even if you've suggested a book before I might have missed it the first time so I would love to hear it again.

Don't forget to link up a book/reading post in the comments or just leave a comment with the titles of your recent reads. We are always looking for suggestions. Heck, I already have the next reading challenged all lined up and she's a doozy!



5 comments:

Julierose said...

A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie--one of the better ones..
Pocket Full of Rye " " "
She is one of my favorite authors...
good luck with your reading list...hugs, Julierose

Jo said...

I loved the story.... MY SISTERS KEEPER. Very sad though. I actually listened to an audio book while I spent 2 days quilting. Nora Roberts. Time was... I actually enjoyed listening. I set it up loud on my tv. (Hubby is away) and I spent some days quilting.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I loved The Keeper of Lost Things! I had some issues getting into at as well, though. Don't know any of your other books...
For your missing letters, I really liked 'The Body Reader' by Anne Frasier. For 'U' I have 'Edward Unspooled' (it's the second in a series, though, but they are all great), but I seem to be blanking for 'Y'...

MissPat said...

I highly recommend 'Fifty things that aren't my fault" by Cathy Guisewite. Hysterically funny at times, but also poignant. And all three of your needed letters on in the title.
if you haven't read any of Lisa Scottoline's 'Rosato and DiNunzio' series #2 Betrayed and #3 Corrupted also each contained 2 of your letters.
Pat

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

For U I highly recommend "Unsheltered" by Barbara Kingsolver - I gave it 5 stars and I'm a hard grader! From your list I also enjoyed Reversal and Elevation.