Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, March 07, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 3/7/16

In the middle of April I'll be going to my annual work conference. Over the past 3 or 4 years I've been taking name badge holders to sell. Some years they have done better than others but it's fun to see people wearing them in subsequent years so I keep making them. One of the requests has been to have a zippered pocket so this year I am starting with a new pattern. I may or may not also make some of the zipperless holders.

The front has a clear pocket for the name tag and a zippered pocket.
The interior is also a a large pocket.

Yesterday I slogged through the pattern to make one name badge holder, adjusting the directions and sizes to fit our name tags as I went. I've also started cutting out some other sets to start sewing together. I'm sure the rest will go together MUCH faster now that I know what I'm doing...

The back has a divided pocket for pen and business cards.

I think one of the things I really like about this pattern is it nearly finishes a FQ except for maybe a 2.5" strip. It's a nice way to use fabric that has been in the stash for a while or I don't want to cut into little bits. I've also used up some larger "scraps" that I've already used in several projects and just wanna finish.

I hope the girls like them too!

Check back tomorrow for an update on my quilt lab clean up project...


4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Good looking name tag holder. If I was at your conference I would buy one! : )
Looking forward to seeing your next batch of hexies as you organize your quilt lab (love that name).

Jill said...

That's a great name-badge holder with the zippered pockets. How convenient that it uses one FQ!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The holder looks great - gotta love the little extras. And a FQ project, plus.

margaret said...

far more than just a name holder so useful I am sure lots of the people at the conference will want or be envious of it