Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 3/17/16

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

If you don't have green on this very minute, I expect you can pinch yourselves. LOL.
Don't worry, I have on a kelly green sweater, 'Kiss me I'm Irish' pin and my Connemara marble clover earrings mom got me in Ireland a few years ago. No pinching needed here!

Any way....welcome to our monthly Hexie Linky Party!!!

I'm afraid I don't have much to share today, having spent the last few days cooking and cleaning for the party (15 peeps!) last night. I did stitch a small rosette during the program but as soon as everyone left, I crashed on the couch to watch Suits - no quilt lab clean up or further stitching. And who are we kidding? I didn't do dishes yet either.

These are more Cherrywood fabrics - I bought several scrap bags (top left) several years ago. I had intended to do the layout on the bottom which is similar to something I first saw at Houston but now I'm not liking it as much as the layout in the middle.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna gonna go with the second option but A.) I need to make a lot more honeycombs which will take time to trim the fabric (and I'm just itchin' to be stitchin' which is why this was already stalled) and B.) I need to decide what to put in the middle of the grid. It could be one fabric or it could be more of the scraps. What do you think?

It would be really fun to do an open grid (requiring me to stitch the front to the back with the openings) but I'm not sure how to line it or how sturdy it would be. Maybe this should be a table runner instead of a doll cat quilt? Or, there is probably enough scraps to make both...

And now it's your turn - We want to see your EPP projects! They can be dream projects, current projects or a good old fashioned UFO.




4 comments:

Turid said...

I have a green blouse on today. And you inspire me to find my green mini hexagon garden. Just wait a minute.

Julierose said...

Happy St Pat's Day to you, to;--)))! I have on my green Connemara bracelet and a green and turquoise striped top and green and gold earrings --after all I may be 3/4 French but I AM 1/4 Irish!!--DH took me out to lunch and I had a green beer (LOL). (I usually have a Blue Moon but that comes with an orange in it!!LOL)
I do love your Cherrywood fabric hexies a lot--such nice deep, rich colors.. just beautiful .hugs Julierose

Janet O. said...

I'm jealous of all of this Connemara jewelry you are talking about. I have a Connemara paperweight. Does that count? : )
LOVE the Cherrywood hexies--especially option 2. I would probably use a light color in the middle, unless you want to complicate the whole thing, which it sounds like you do.
Dishes? You didn't use paper plates?

margaret said...

waiting to hear from Helen she was out all day and probably all night yesterday celebrating with her Irish friends.They will all have bad heads today but think the plan is to celebrate a bit more today before they all go back to their homes. Liking the honeycombs very neat you seem even to have hidden the tail pieces