Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #70 - 9/19/18

Hello! Hello! How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

I hope everyone in the Eastern US  made it through Florence ok. We were supposed to get the tail end of Flo here but, as often happens, things shifted and we just got a nice gentle rain Monday night. That's as opposed to Chantal who got 6.5" yesterday in NH. I don't think I've ever been through that much rain and I've been through a fair number of hurricanes myself.

69 - 75 - 78 - 80 - 81 - 80 - 78 F

The newspapers are talking about all the new weather related records this summer and that they are the cause of our late (non-existent?) fall color. The next record could be as early as Friday, with a proposed local temp of 85 when the record is 86. The "last" one depends on the rest of the month because this September is already the warmest in 137 years of recorded weather history. I don't know about you but I'm ready for more cool days to jump in to the mix.

September 1-18, 2018

And that's all I have for today. Don't forget to link up your weather project (hexies or otherwise) or tell us about your weather in the comments.




5 comments:

Denise :) said...

I'm ready for cooler days, too. Next week we're supposed to dip down into the mid 80's ... well, after a high of 93 degrees on Monday. LOL! We're slow to get into cool! Your hexies look nice, though -- I love seeing them all together for the month!! :)

Pamela said...

We may finally be getting cooler after a record hot summer. I'm ready to get to green and blue fabrics!

Janet O. said...

Bring on Fall!!
Well, we have actually finally dropped to the 70s this week. Whew! Big relief--but we are going to go back up to the 80s in a day or two.
Wow NH got a lot of rain for being so far from the original landing of the storm.
Hope MA gets some nice Fall color for us before we arrive next month!

cityquilter grace said...

we did get a bit of Flo here in western MD...2 days of mostly rain but gone now and it has cooled here as well, down to low 80s all week...nice to see the sun!

Jo said...

When you are shovelling that snow you will be wishing for warmer days.. I am enjoying our beautiful spring days. Wearing t-shirts, walking in the sun, having doors and windows open. Soon I'll be complaint it's too hot... wish we all could have a happy medium.