Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, November 05, 2019

The Bibliophile Files - 11/5/19

There are 2 things I'm going to tell you right off about this month's book report because they are not obvious to anyone who's not sitting here next to me. I thank my vacation (hmm...didn't post any pics yet) for getting me through 4 or 5 books making the list twice as long as it could have been. I'm also nearing the end of a personal challenge for the year and that means it's been slim pickings to meet the requirements. I can't believe some of the books I've read but desperate times call for desperate measures. Why do we do these things to ourselves? Motivation and so we can conquer it!!!! Woot! Woot!

Challenge #1 for the year was to spell out the months and read books where one of the title words began with the same letter. Ex: J in January was Johnny get your Gun. Of 74 books, I need to finish just 3 more. Woot!! Two are relatively short or close to finishing but I think there will be another substitution on my "U" book as the one I have been avoiding is long and I would like to finish the challenge sooner rather than later. I'm open to suggestions! No worries, I found one already - and it's a new-to-me series as well.

Challenge #2 - this is the same challenge I do every year: read 90 or more books for the year. So far I have finished 73 books this year which only makes me 3 books behind schedule. Maybe once I can chose a book cuz it sounds good or is available today instead of needing an impossible letter I can make some headway.

FINISHED
     Unbound
     My Year of Rest & Relaxation - Please! Can I just slap the main character? Please?!
     The Job
     Ella Enchanted - Cinderella re-imagined
     The Art of English Murder
     The Mars Room - thumbs up
     The Last Romantics
     Us Against You - looking forward to reading the rest of the series
     Every 15 Minutes - loves me some good suspense
     The Witch Elm - it was suspenseful waiting for the suspense. LOL

IN PROGRESS
     on my iPhone - Private Down Under (I admit to finding 3 different names for this book on 3 different websites but I'm going with the one I need. Wink)
     on my home stereo - Firefly Lane

And now it's your turn! What have you read lately? Anything counts: novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box.



5 comments:

Julierose said...

I am presently reading "Dreaming Spies" by Laurie R. King--a Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes series mystery novel--so far it is really good. I love her writing...hugs, Julierose

Denise :) said...

You did have some good reading this past month! I'm currently reading (re-reading) the Little House on the Prairie series, The Hobbit, and The Mitford series. Also have two audio books going, and two Bible studies in books. I finished a bunch of fluff (Amish romance kind of fluff), but have no idea of the names. LOL! You should consider doing an end-of-the-year recap!! :)

Barbara said...

I’ve read several good books lately, but right now, I’m reading Ronan Farrow’s book, “Catch and Kill.” It’s surprisingly interesting...a veritable page-turner. Also enjoyed Bill Bryson’s “The Body”. Learned quite a bit.

MissPat said...

I just finished Shelved under murder by Victoria Gilbert and before that A better man by Louise Penny. I've also reached my Goodreads goal of 30 books, so I guess I have to up my game for next year. And figure out how to listen to audio books from the library on my computer. Just starting The Christmas Boutique, the latest Elm Creek Quilts book by Jennifer Chiaverini.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

I just recently decided to cut it down a little on my challenge reading because I was running into the same problem - only choosing books to fit challenge prompts instead of what I wanted to read (and constantly starting new series instead of continuing the ones I'm already reading) was really slogging me down! I have since caught up on a monthly series I was three months behind on, and feel much better about my reading. Challenges are fun, I just tend to overdo it!