Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

The Bibliophile Files - 3/3/20

It was another good reading month. 13 books in 2 months is pretty much par for me. I am trying to get back into my morning walks so that might increase my reading some. Woot!

One of the titles is a little out of character but when you are trying to accomplish a reading challenge, you just kind of run with it and are sometimes quite surprised with the book. I needed a K book and this one just kinda showed up when I needed it.

I've made a bibliophile tab for the people who have asked for more info on my reading challenges. I can also add the books I've read for the challenges if anyone is interested.

FINISHED
     The Fifth Witness -
     Liar Liar - I was hoping this series was more of a police procedural but it's more about one cops life as she deals with the psycho that got her brother killed. I'm hoping the next book in the series will get back on to the track **I** want the series to take. LOL.
     The Trial
     Murder Beyond the Grave - 2 real life crimes that were later turned into a tv show. Yes, truth is stranger than fiction.
     Case of the Sin City Sister - a sister who works with her PI father and takes care of cats. A lighter look t police procedurals
     Big Cherry Holler - I enjoyed this 2nd book of the trilogy. I even enjoyed that the author read the book but I did think the details of their marriage "problems" were a little thin. They had some real big issues but they could have been fleshed out better.
     Becoming Kareem -Thankfully not so much about basketball as finding the good or bad "coaches" where ever we are in life.

IN PROGRESS
     On my iPhone - Magpie Murders
     On my home stereo - Silver Linings - I like this book but the CDs are so scratched I can only listen to it via the DVD player which means I need to be in the living room instead of where ever I can plug in my CD player/stereo. And that means it's been slowing going...


And now it's your turn - what have you read in the last month? Anything counts: novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box. I am particularly interested if you have read any 'O' or 'E' books that will help me with my reading challenge...


4 comments:

Julierose said...

I am reading "A Season For Murder" in the Mitchell and Markby series by Ann Granger; and all of the "Vera" series by Ann Cleeves...all really good reads...hugs, Julierose

Denise :) said...

You had some good reads for a short month! Did you ever get you lost issue of TeaTime? Did you see there is a special TeaTime Celebrations issue that's come out? It's lovely!! I'm posting a collage of my February reads in my post today!! :)

MissPat said...

I'm woefully behind on my book reading this trip. Since we were going to be gone for 10 weeks, I couldn't get any library books so I have been reading whatever freebie books I can find along the way and most have not be that interesting. I don't like reading books on my Kindle so I've spent a lot of time blog reading and surfing Instagram. Hope to get back on track when we return home on the 23rd.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

You're reading a lot of crime lately!
I just finished 'A Tale of Two Cities', to scratch another classic from my list, and I'm still reading "This is how to lose the time war" and "The Body Keeper".