Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, March 20, 2020

WWR #148, FF, NQD, IC, UGRR and CV19

Hello my furry friends - it's been a hell of a week, hasn't it??!!

Like my St Patty's day collar? I do!

Momma has been meaning to post every day this week but with a scheduled day off and the whole Coronavirus thing, her work has been crazy, like full on cat nip crazy! NY's Governor has asked most businesses to close completely but asked any essential businesses to cut their staff by 75%. Local Governments don't seem to be listed on the essential list but government needs someone there to keep it running so Momma stays locked inside the Town Hall every day. She says the phones and email have been extra busy. By the way, as a staff of 1, Momma has only sent her right hand to work today. LOL.

Wednesday should have been Momma's annual dinner meeting for 20. When it got cancelled she decided to take the day off and sew. I have pictures to share but since I spent most of the day outside so I can't prove anything...

This Irish Chain was an online sewalong.
Top is complete. Pieced backing is in progress.

The last of the Underground Rail road blocks - triple sashing is next.

March 11 - 17, 2020
36 - 45 - 43 - 35 - 36 - 45 - 40 F

The 2nd annual Cedar Waxwings invasion started this morning. They like the berries in the ornamental pear tree. The deer nibbled on the lower branches so they are higher up in the tree than last year. Apparently they don't feel the need to follow social isolation rules recently introduced. I might need to have a chat with them.

 

And last but not least in this long email...Tomorrow is supposed to be National Quilting Day. Momma stole this idea from Facebook but she is going to hang a quilt in the front window (it might snow tomorrow!) with a sign that says Happy National Quilting Day. Won't you join her?



Momma has also read that people are rehanging their Christmas lights to brighten things while on quarantine. Momma also thinks this is a good idea and hopes to dig them back out this weekend.

What are you doing while on lockdown?




5 comments:

ButterZ said...

Good idea. We all need a little more cheer. Our IQD has been cancelled too. I'll be sewing at home, hopefully...

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, I wish I could see the cedar waxwings. Putting a quilt outside is a great idea! National Quilting Day- take that fear!!

Janet O. said...

Z--your collar is stunning. Just what the sophisticated man-about-town should be wearing these days.
Tell Momma she deserves a day off to sew--and her Irish Chain quilt top looks very cool.
I am not hanging my Christmas lights again, mostly because I haven't taken them all down yet, and I will just light up what is still there. :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Z you look extra handsome in your St Patty's festive bowtie! Thankful for your Momma and her dedication in working when the world seems to be loosing its rational thinking. Social isolation means quilting, stitching, hooking, and baking at my house--I'm loving it!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great sewing! I hope your work is not being too crazy right now. These are extraordinary times indeed, and I wish someone as level-headed as Z was in office to guide us through it...