Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #155 - 5/6/20

It's clearly still spring. Daylight comes earlier and stays later but the temps are so inconsistent. We had our first day in the 70s and now we are looking at abnormally cold weather this weekend, including more snow! I'm sure the snow is because I had the snow tires removed from my car Monday... I guess putting summer tires on does not necessarily bring summer. Bummer.

April 29-30, 2020 :: 65 - 56 F
May 1-5, 2020 :: 55 - 63 - 73 - 44 - 47 F

I have been tempted by many quarantine projects being offered online recently. I even convinced a friend to start one and then I abandoned her. Oopsies!


Instead I pulled out a long term UFO named Omigosh! According to my blog I started this in 2009 but haven't posted about it since 2012. Heavens to murgatroyd that's a long time to sit and wait for my attention!! I've got about 4 or 5 boxes dedicated to this project including boxes for finished 4 and 9patches, parts for more 4 and 9patches and 1" strips to make more parts.

Not that different...

The only reason I can think of that this quilt has sat for 8 years was a doubt in my own abilities to stitch something so tiny. And yet I've recently been enthralled with 3.5" blocks so how different is a 2' block???

No matter why I've ignored the project we are going gangbusters now. More pictures next week so for now let's just say that I've nearly doubled the 4 and 9patches in the finished box and that means I am about half done with making this quilt. Keep your fingers crossed that this will hold my attention for many more weeks (including no-housework-Fridays) and maybe I will even get it finished by summer's end...


4 comments:

hetty said...

Oh. so it's your fault that the weather is so crazy! But the tires have to come off sometime. I love your OMG project. I have one of those too. Glad I can't find it at the moment. I am so pleased that I was able to access your blog. I have been without a blog since last year when I was in the hospital and my blog was hacked. I have a new blog since a few days ago. It's hettyquilts.blogspot.com I hope you will come and visit me sometime.

Janet O. said...

From the 70s to the 40s--wow!
I have not been at all tempted by the stay-at-home SALs. In fact, I have hardly heard of any, since I have been pretty absent in blogland. I can't seem to stay on top of life as it is, let alone starting new projects I hadn't planned on. Where are the days when I had time to quilt?!?
I am thrilled that you are working on your Omigosh! LOVE that quilt. Used to dream of making it, so I will happily watch your progress. :)

MissPat said...

I have admired several other quilters' OMG, but have never been tempted to work that small. Well, not quite true, as I have a UFO that contains similarly sized units. It is however, a UFO, and likely to remain so. I can't believe this crappy weather, either. The boy scouts are delivering hanging baskets and flats of marigolds and zinnias on Sat and I have no idea where I'm going to put them since the front porch will not provide any protection at all.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

That's coldcoldcold! But our May hasn't really been nice and warm so far, either. I'm missing sitting outside in the sun, at least!
Great job getting this long term project out. Sounds Like you'll be freeing up some space in your craft cupboard (wardrobe? box? trunk?) by getting this done!