Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, July 13, 2020

Kaleidoscope dolly quilt update

One of the projects I pulled out during lockdown was my kaleidoscope swap blocks from hexie club. I think this was from 2018 but I could be wrong. Anyway, during each member's birth month, the other members gifted you enough colored parts to make 2 kaleidoscope blocks in the giftee's favorite color. You then added your own neutral to make the quilt cohesive.

I finally got a bee in my bonnet to gitterdone and while this pic reflects that I just had one long seam left to go, it is now in one piece!!! You can also see the fan that kept me partially sane in this heat. Partial is the key word...



I ended up with 24 blocks and my design needed 25 so I made the center completely out of the neutral fabric so that the "lines" of the kaleidoscope continued. I can either leave it blank or write on it about the swap. I haven't decided yet as I still need to pull the papers, open the outer edges, find a backing, quilt and bind this. In other words -- It's going to be a while before that all happens. LOL.


4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Fun photo--the colorful blocks--the necessary fan, and that pretty effect your center block created.

Denise :) said...

How fun; I love it! I really do like the effect of the center block! :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Nice selection on the center block

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, what a fun swap idea! And such a pretty quilt you made from it, I love the colours.