Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Mystery Hexagon Quilt

It will come as no surprise to several people that I started another hexie project. LOL.

It's a 16 clue mystery project hosted by jemimascreativequilting.com. We had the choice of fabrics and paper sizes - mine are 1" because it allowed me to fussy cut my inspiration fabric and end up with a bed sized quilt. The clues are posted every fortnight so you still have time to join in.

I started with the fabric in the back to pull my colors

I found out about the project after it started so I was already late to the game when clue 5 (a doozy of a clue) was posted. 

Clearly, my sleepy assistant has helped pick the black & white fabrics

Clue 6 was just posted this weekend and here I am still finishing clue 3. I just have to remind myself to take one bite of the elephant at a time and enjoy the process. 


These are so not my normal color combo and I am loving every minute of it. Clue 4 will be more of the wine color and then 5 brings in the dark green. I will be near a non-local store this weekend and hope to pop in to see if they have a green I can fussy cut, otherwise I'll be using the minimal strip I have on hand.

7 comments:

Vireya said...

That looks great!

Turid said...

Hm, this is nice and interesting.

hetty said...

Lovely. Wish my eyesight was better. I'd join in.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can't even imagine in my wildest dreams being able to hand sew so small. Kudos to you. Looks lovely.

MissPat said...

A bed-sized quilt using 1" hexies. Proof beyond doubt that you are certifiably crazy, but we love you anyway.
Pat

Janet O. said...

So we add this to the undetermined number of already existing hexie UFOs. It looks good! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Maybe not your usual colours, but they do look great together!