Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #182 - 11/11/20

Happy Hump Day! Happy Veterans Day! Happy Mayflower Day!

I heard your rumblings - where did that last one come from? Left field?

Long story short  - today is the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower arriving in the US and I am a descendant of Stephen Hopkins who first arrived in Jamestown and then went back to Europe to return on the Mayflower on 11/11/1620. 

However -- I was Monday's days old when I found out that my friend Denise is also a descendant of the same man. Is that not wild?! We met years ago through our blogs and have a shared  love of hexies/quilting, cats, choco, tea, birds and so many other things. When they say it's a small world, they really mean it!

November 4 - 10, 2020
67 - 67 - 69 - 70 - 71 - 75 - 76 F



5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That's totally awesome - distant cousins!

Vireya said...

Looks like you are having a very mild start to November. It looks more like our climate.

That's quite a bonus, finding out that a friend is also a relative!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I recently found out that one of my relatives (from Poland) lived through the Holocaust, came to the US and fought his whole life to gain property taken from the Jews by the Nazis. Someone gave me his obit from the NY Times and I was amazed as I never knew about it. History is a story.

Denise :) said...

Hey cuz! LOL! I love that we can now say that!! :) You've been having some lovely weather for November! I wonder how long it will last?! It's gorgeous here, today!! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

It's fun how people in the US are often so obsessed with their heritage, and I can't even figure out if I'm related to a coworker who shares my last name (I probably am, but neither of us knows our ancestors more than two or three generations ago xD). So - Happy Mayflower Day to you, too!