Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, April 07, 2011

UFO Thursday

This was one of my first quilts (I've sewn for 30+ years but only quilted for 6 or 7). I had cut the orange and black fabrics into strips and was making the log cabins until I noticed how wonky they were. That was before I found wonkiness on the internet and knew it had it's place.

Then I found a mini paperpiecing template that I could use. I cut down each original strip into ~1" strips and "designed" this in Excel - Yup, I can find the file if you don't believe me! Can you see the flying geese?

I only have to pull the paper (vellum really - my absolute fav but hard to find lately) off 11 more blocks. I already have the backing fabric - It's black and orange and the inspiration for the whole project.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! Yes, I can see the flying geese. I too love vellum for paper piecing! I like the red squares in the border, or maybe they're orange? The whole quilt is wonderful - excellent job on your first.