Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, May 09, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 5/9/11

It's been another little-of-this-little-of-that week...

I was out of town 4 days last week for a conference so I didn't do any machine sewing but I did work on hexies! Especially fun to hang in the hotel room with hexies, watching a Law & Order marathon, for 3 hours before my roomie arrived! I couldn't remember if you had seen all of them so far but this also shows an approximation of how they will be layed out. Some of the diamonds have a darker middle row (all have the same center/green) and I am still deciding if I will work that into the pattern some how. The newest diamonds are on the bottom left. Working with the stripe took a lot of "thinking" but I really like the effect.


I was also reminded of a donation quilt I had agreed to make back in November. Have you seen the cat patterns, Garden Patch Cats by Story Quilts, that look like veggies? Well, here we have Avocato! He looks a little demonic now but I promise he'll be better when he is quilted and the iris' are added to his eyes.

And since I couldn't get my laptop to cooperate last week to show you the final picture of last week's Dresden Plate donation quilt...let's try again...

I think those swirls in the blades are becoming a trademark...I seem to use them with a lot of different patterns. Of course, my lips seem to move side to side when I am "swirling." LOL! Do you do that? Really get into moving the fabric when you are quilting?

4 comments:

Chris said...

All great stuff. Your hexies are sweet.

Quilty Conscience said...

I love the Dresden Plate! I'm about to machine quilt a table topper I did last year that has 4 Dresdens.
I love those veggie cats! I took a FMQ class with Helene Knott when she was working on a couple of them. Toni

Nina Marie said...

Ohhh I thought I was the only one that could sit in front of the tv - watchin' a marathon of repeats - and doing English PP - Very cool!!!

Margie said...

A local quilt shop has all the cat veggie quilts hanging. They are really cute.
Your hexies are great.