Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, August 05, 2011

Feline Friday - 8/5/11

Remember yesterday, when I was talking about puddling while quilting and how great my slippery table is for the process of maneuvering the large quilt I'm working on?

There's only one time when the whole process I've developed comes to a screeching halt and that is when there is 20 pounds of fluff lounging on your quilt! The quilt still slides on the table (with greater effort on my part!) but after a couple swings my Quality Control Officer had had enough and beat it.


Keep in mind that Cali is not the most graceful jumper I have ever met when I tell you that a couple days ago she also wanted to jump up onto the table while I was working. I wasn't really paying attention until she was airborne and she didn't realize that under the quilt the sliding tray was pulled out. After landing on the tray and not the table, her momentum caused the tray to slide closed and she fell to the floor. I laughed hysterically but she obviously wasn't deterred from jumping again altho she did take her time checking the table top first and jumped from the side of the table.

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Funny story!
You can tell from the photo who is really in control in the sewing room!

Denise :) said...

I love your Feline Fridays. I miss having cats, so I'll just enjoy them vicariously through you. The only benefit of this arrangement is that I don't have to worry about the litter box. Have a happy Friday, Sarah! :)