Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 7/16/12

Sew...what's a girl to do when her hexie quilt is no longer portable??**
She starts a new EPP project, obviously!!

Thursday night my project was no longer portable and I had an appointment Friday morning at the car dealership. A book just wasn't going to do it so I picked the easier of my next 2 projects and cut enough pieces to keep me busy for a while.


I'm not finding this project as soothing as the hexagons. It goes together much faster with bigger pieces but the different shapes need a little more cajoling to get everything basted nicely. I've started using tiny binder clips on the sides to hold it all in place since I don't like to baste thru the paper. It would take me longer to describe than it takes to get the shape basted so I won't bother but let me know if I should post about it later.

I'll prep more pieces for this easy 14" project tonight and then some pieces for the bigger project to take camping in 11 days! Not that I am countin...


**The top is completely whipstitched together, the papers are out of the outside borders and the basting has been snipped and the fabric ironed out flat for later cutting it straight and the backing is pieced. I'll be spray basting tonight!

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I've never tried cajoling shapes. I'll have to remember that one for future use. *LOL*
**So exciting to be to the basting stage tonight!!

Michelle said...

I can't believe you are up to basting your hexies.

I like your next EPP block too....

Have fun on your camping trip.... and stay away from the bears !!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful EPP pattern! Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Rachel said...

Beautiful EPP! I have been too chicken to try it, LOL.

Denise :) said...

Ooooh! I love, love the look of this! Very nice. Pretty fabrics -- love that red batik! :)