Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday Wild Things

A little hard to see this guys long stinger but I took his picture and backed away quietly :)


One day I was sitting on the front porch and looked up to see what my cat was looking at. I find it fascinating how it kinda spirals around. I sprayed it earlier this week as it was a pretty busy nest .

After watching the poor little guy walk across the street in a torrential downpour and then struggle onto the sidewalk only to sit in an evergrowing puddle, I picked him up and put him on a windowsill. He was covered in mulch and dirt but he eventually dried out and flew away.

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Killing off one thing and rescuing another. : ) Busy lady, aren't you? That is a rather intimidating looking nest and a helpless looking little bird. I would have done the same in both cases.

Denise :) said...

LOL! Janet's perspective always cracks me up ... but she's right -- you are a woman of extremes!! Love the pic of your bedraggled little birdie, too -- glad he was able to dry, fluff and fly!! :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Is that a bird nest or a hornet nest! Looks beautiful......from here! Oh sweet that you rescued that poor little birdie!

Lauren Sgranfetto said...

You are a good and kind person to take care of little birdie! I'm sure he appreciated the kindness!

Anonymous said...

Three very interesting pictures. Glad you rescued the bird.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Michelle said...

Beautiful flower !
The nest may have nasties but it sure is impressive....
What a sorry state the bird is in....I'm glad you rescued it.